Do you want to keep your students’ brains sharp over the Summer? Students who do not read or practice their math skills during the Summer months lose about two months or 22% of grade level equivalency. Prevent the “Summer Slide”– CTN Services are available all summer long!
- Learn360 Recent Platform Updates
- STEM Resources from Learn360 (Webinar–July 20th–10 AM -10:30 AM)
- Archived Webinars: Overview on New Platform, Training and Tutorials
- Continue Learning with EducationCity over the Summer
- Summer Holiday Resource Packs: Maths & English
- Three Ways Educators Can Stop the Summer slide
- EducationCity has created printable bundle packets for ALL grades in ELA and Math! Click here.
- Five Summer School Best Practices: Focusing on Enrichment
- Create MyCities for your students for summer assignments.
- June is National Fruit and Vegetable Month!
- July — Independence Day
- New Mathletics Teacher Console (Video)
- The Teacher Console: Exploring the New Interface (Webinar–Aug. 23rd and Sept. 13th–5:30 PM)
- Summer Certificate Program
Websites for Teachers
- Become a Google Certified Educator
- Sadlier Religion — Psalms for Summer Lesson
- A wealth of information can be found on EducatorLab. Sample lesson plans and a resource bank are available.
- Want to know the Top 10 To Do’s for a teachers in the summer? Visit About Education.
Summer Activities for Teachers — Things to do in NYC
- For Teachers: Best Things to do in NYC – Summer of 2017
- Outdoor Summer Movies
- Best Beaches in NYC
- Guide to Coney Island
- Summer Guide for NYC Kids
- NYC Street Festivals
- Queens Summer Calendar
For Teachers: Summer Reading List:
Apps and Online Museum Resources
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (online search tool)
- Gettysburg Battle App (virtual battlefield tour)
- The Getty Museum (artifact exploration)
- Smithsonian Museums and Zoos (location search)
- Timeline: Art Museum (timeline app with artwork)
- Shadow Puppet EDU (search museum archives and create slideshows)
- MOMA Art Lab (creation and exploration app)
- Click here to read our informative SUMMER CTN Newsletter!!
- Feature Book-Reading Rainbow (Gr. PreK-3)
- Holidays of Summer (Gr. PreK-3)
- Summer-Reading Rainbow (Gr. PreK-3)
- Spring and Summer-Let’s Explore (Gr. PreK-2)
- History of the United States Symbols: The Fourth of July (Gr. 3-5)
Summer Reading for Children — books to pray and learn all summer long.