During the visit of Pope Francis to Our Lady Queen of Angels in East Harlem, Pope Francis said: “School then ends up being one big family. A family, where together with our mothers and fathers, our grandparents, our teachers and friends, we learn to help one another, to share our good qualities, to give the best of ourselves, to work as a team, for that is very important, and to pursue our dreams.”
2017-18 Year of Vocations: Reawaken the Call:
- Look for CTN’s Special Vocation’s Project coming soon titled: “Hello! He is Calling…” Details will be posted shortly.
Learn360: Start the NEW school year with “Back to School Webinars” in September. From their streaming products and eBook collections, Learn360 will guide you though the resources your students need.
- Head Back to School with Learn360! — Thu, Sep 7, 2017 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
- Introducing the World Almanac for Kids Elementary! — Thu, Sep 14, 2017 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
EducationCity: The Back to School Toolkit includes lots of exciting resources to help get to know your new class and learn a little bit about school around the world. Here is the Teacher Resource Pack featuring 38 pages of: Printable Flashcards, Classroom Activities, Reference Sheets and More. Here is the Back-To-School Toolkit featuring Fact Sheets, Activity Sheets, Thinkits, Character Profiles, Stickers, Name Badges, and a “Back to School” Poster.
Education World Newsletter: Back to School Activities
- Back to School Special Section (The Tablet) in collaboration with the Catholic Schools Office of the Diocese of Brooklyn.
- Meeting the Challenges of a New School Year (The Tablet) by Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio
- Franklin Goes to School: Franklin the Turtle (Grades PreK-2)
- Going Back to School (Weston Woods) (Grades PreK-5)
- My School, My Responsibility Series (Grades PreK-5)
- School Bus Safety Tips (Grades PreK-5)