Rostering is complete for all schools that have submitted their information to CTN. If you don’t have access and want to take advantage of all the new resources, contact CTN.
The Highlight of the Week:
🚌 Virtual Field Trips: Transport students beyond the classroom walls and into some of the world’s most iconic locations for rich and immersive learning experiences.
- Use these Virtual Field Trips(VFTs) to let students play with polar bears, visit an agricultural co-op, explore engineering test centers, and more—all without leaving the classroom!
- Each video is available on-demand and comes with a companion guide packed with standards-aligned, hands-on learning activities.
- Reinvent Virtual Field Trips with these engaging videos & activities provided by Discovery Education.
- Debuting this September, these unique VFTs connect classroom learning to the people, places, and ideas shaping the world we live in.
- Create individualized Field Trips for students or have them complete a Virtual Field Trip in groups!
- Watch a small clip of how to access Virtual Field Trips & what it offers
- Need step-by-step instructions? Click on the VFTs icons to go to the Discovery Education Site.
Last Week’s Highlight Feature
📰 Newsy: Students can stay informed about important topics and issues with straightforward, opinion-free news and documentaries.
- Follow emerging stories from around the globe and consider in-depth features on politics, conflicts, sports, the environment, health, technology, and more.
- Discovery Education offers students daily news and current events from Newsy and Science News.
- Weekly episodes of CheddarK-12 Tech and Business News are released each Thursday for middle and high school students.
- Use as topics for Current Event Activities.
- Organize by most recent, relevant, and most popular
- Turn the NEWSY videos into quizzes as a quick assessment
- Watch a small clip of how you can create your own using a video quiz through Newsy
- Need step-by-step instructions? Click on the Newsy icons to go to the Discovery Education Site.
🧑💻 Best of Interactives: Immerse students in engaging digital activities that support math, science, and social studies topics with Studio.
- Discovery Education Studio is a creation and structured collaboration space designed for students and teachers
- Discovery has three types of Studios to choose from:
- Studio Activity
- Studio Board
- Studio Slideshow
- Studio Activity can help spice up your Bell Ringer or exit ticket activities.
- Templates include:
- 3-2-1 Pyramid- Summarizing
- ABS Summary- Summarizing
- Close Encounters- Cites Evidence, Key ideas, & Inferences
- Connect the Dots- Vocabulary Development
- Local to Global- Cites Evidence, Key ideas
- Myth Busting- Cites Evidence, Key ideas
- Watch a small clip of how you can create your own using the Guess My 2-1-4 template in your classroom!
- Need step-by-step instructions? Click on the Best interactives icon to go to the Discovery Education Site.