The attached PDF documents contain directives for the 2012 Grinch Essay Contest. A collaborative effort between the Office of the Superintendent ~ Catholic School Support Services and The Theater at Madison Square Garden.
Grand Prize Winner will receive 4 tickets (for the winner and 3 guests) to the 11:00 AM December 19th musical performance of the Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas ! In addition, the Grand Prize Winner will receive up to 40 tickets to the designated performance for his/her classmates (this includes teachers and chaperones). This prize package does not include transportation.
In addition, there will be 5 first-place/runner-up prizes. Students will receive 4 tickets (for the winner and up to three guests) to the designated performance.
The contest mirrors the Radio City Music Hall Essay contest and is open to students in grades 4-5 in Catholic elementary schools in Brooklyn and Queens. In order to enter, here are the basics:
1. Students are to write a 1-page, type written essay on the topic “What is your favorite Christmas story?”
2. Essays should be submitted to homeroom teachers on or before November 21st, 2012.
3. First round judging takes place locally at your school anytime between November 28th to November 30th, 2012.
4. After the essays have been judged, the top three essays from your school will advance to the final round of judging at the Office of the Superintendent.
5. After the top three essays have been selected, submit them, along with the attached cover sheet to the Office of the Superintendent.
6. Essays must arrive no later than December 3rd, 2012.
7. Winners will be announced on or before December 10th, 2012.
NOTE: The permission slip will be sent in a separate email along with eligibility requirements. I am advancing the contest rules so teachers and students that wish to enter the contest may be started. The events of last week delayed the release of the eligibility rules.
We hope that you will consider participating. If you have any questions, you may direct them to the Curriculum Office.