CTN is pleased to offer FieldTripZoom ZONE to all diocesan classrooms. Starting this Fall, teachers can take their classes on a “Virtual Trip” to any museum, science hall, or aquariums in the world!
The ZONE is a live streaming educational event service which allows you to connect and view unique programs from selected partners. Programming features content from a broad range of museums, zoos, aquariums and science centers as well as music, art and history organizations that specialize in delivering high quality live streamed educational programming. FieldTripZoom ZONE will deliver hundreds of engaging one-of-a-kind programs that supplement your curriculum, and you simply need a computer connected to the internet to participate.
*Please note: to register for this FREE service, you must use a school domain email @yourschooldomain) — emails ending with @yahoo, @aol, @gmail, etc. will NOT be recognized as part of the diocesan account, and you will be billed or invoiced to attend.
The FieldTripZoom ZONE live event calendar is available now to browse and book programs. Click HERE to view the full program schedule and descriptions. CTN has highlighted some of the events for the month of March 2018.
- Different Paths to Freedom: Gr. 6-12 — Time: February 28 — 1:10 PM — Discover the implications that the American Revolution had on ideas of freedom and liberty. Students will examine the relationship between enslaved African Americans and the American Revolution.
- Dirt on Their Skirts: Gr. 6-12 — Times: March 1 — 11:10 AM; 1:10 PM — Meet the women and the girls who broke barriers to play the National Pastime.
- Hungry for Reading!: Gr. K-3 — Times: March 5 — 10:10 AM; 1:10 PM — Learn about The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, Massachusetts, and how they celebrate reading. Meet popular children’s book author and illustrator, Jeff Mack.
- Life Cycle of a Sea Turtle: Gr. K-5 — Times: March 9 — 10:10 AM; 1:10 PM — Discover the life cycle of a sea turtle during a live session with a staff member at Sea Turtle, Inc. Learn how mama turtles lay a nest, hatchlings crawl to the sea and sea turtles migrate to the ocean.
- Invertebrate Encounter: Gr. K-8 — Times: March 14 — 10:10 AM; 1:10 PM — Students meet Rosie, the Chilean Rosehair Tarantula! We’ll discover what makes a tarantula an arachnid, and students will find out how she lives and come to appreciate her as more than just a big, hairy spider.