CTN is pleased to offer FieldTripZoom ZONE to all diocesan classrooms. Starting this Fall, teachers can take their classes on a “Virtual Trip” to any museum, science hall, or aquariums in the world!
The ZONE is a live streaming educational event service which allows you to connect and view unique programs from selected partners. Programming features content from a broad range of museums, zoos, aquariums and science centers as well as music, art and history organizations that specialize in delivering high quality live streamed educational programming. FieldTripZoom ZONE will deliver hundreds of engaging one-of-a-kind programs that supplement your curriculum, and you simply need a computer connected to the internet to participate.
*Please note: to register for this FREE service, you must use a school domain email @yourschooldomain) — emails ending with @yahoo, @aol, @gmail, etc. will NOT be recognized as part of the diocesan account, and you will be billed or invoiced to attend.
The FieldTripZoom ZONE live event calendar is available now to browse and book programs. Click HERE to view the full program schedule and descriptions. CTN has highlighted some of the events for the month of May 2018.
- Shell-berate Turtles— Grades K-5 — Times: May 22 — 10:10 AM; 1:10 PM — Help us observe World Turtle Day as we shell-ebrate chelonians! We’ll introduce you to some of our shelled residents at the Aquarium as we learn about different turtles and the habitats in which they live.
- All About Owls — Grades 1-7 — Times: May 25 — 11:10 AM; 1:10 PM — Learn about the owl species that are in Virginia and enjoy an in-depth exploration into the physical and behavioral adaptations of these top predators.
- Leaf-Cutter Ants — Grades K-5 — Times: May 30 — 10:10 AM — Leaf-cutter ants are also known as parasol ants, because the cutters hauling big pieces of leaves look as they are carrying umbrellas.
- Bee-Havin — Grades K-5– Times: May 30 — 1:10 PM — Learn what is going on in our observation hive and how honey gets from the hive to our kitchen tables.
- Why Engineering — Grades 4-6 — Times: May 31 — 1:10 PM — Ever wonder how buildings stand up? Ever wonder what makes the electronics in our homes work? Take a look at how engineers have an impact on the places where we live, work and play.