Dear Elementary School Principals and Middle School Teachers,
- Green Horizons, New York City’s free conference on Careers in Natural Resources and the Environment for Middle Schools, will be held at the Queens Botanical Garden on Thursday, October 17th, 2013 from 8:30 AM until 2:00 PM. This could be a worthwhile opportunity for a select group of your most talented students to learn about career opportunities in a wide variety of natural resources and environmental fields. Students may choose 4 of the 18 stations and will have the opportunity to participate in 2 stations. The program will take place at the Queens Botanical Gardens located in Flushing, New York.
– Lunch will not be included. Accordingly, students must bring their own lunch to enjoy at the garden. A snack will be provided mid-morning.
– This program is free to all students in New York City
– You may register up to 10 students
– The program is optimally designed for grade 7 students, however, you may register students from grades 6, 7 or 8
– The students must be accompanied by a science teacher or counselor
– Printed information will be available for participants to take home.
– When registering students, do not register all your students for one station
– Students should wear comfortable clothing and sturdy shoes
Please read the attache flyer GreenHorizonsMailer8-13Mech carefully concerning registration information and details. Applications must be faxed or mailed on or before October 10, 2013. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and the program fills up quickly. For additional information, you may contact Nancy Wolf (718) 387-2116. Many students from Catholic schools in Brooklyn and Queens have participated in this program in previous years and have found it a worthwhile experience.
Please share this information with your middle school science teachers.