The Math Bowl is a friendly Mathletics competition between Brooklyn and Queens schools. It is a fun way to sharpen skills before the NYS exams as well as motivate students in Mathematics through technology. The contest is open to all classes in grades K-8.
*Important MathBowl 2019 Dates:*
- Sunday, April 7th at 2 PM — Competition begins — Sunday, April 14 at 2 PM — Competition ends.
- SEE Interim Standings for Thursday, April 11th
- SEE Interim Standings for Tuesday, April 9th
Do you have photos of “MathBowl 2019” in action?
Please send to email@example.com where they will be proudly displayed in our gallery!
The Winners of Math Bowl 2019 will receive:
- A Classroom Plaque and Pizza Party — awarded to the top five classes in the diocese, regardless if they are from Brooklyn or Queens.
- Winning Class Certificates — awarded to the top class in each grade — from Grade K through 8.
- Students who earn over 1000 points during the competition will be awarded a Digital Bronze Certificate (printed by each student through the Mathletics student console).
- The top 5 overall Schools will receive a banner for Math Bowl 2019.
To allow fair competition between schools of different sizes, class points are calculated on an “average points per student” basis. For example, a school of 500 students scores a total of 1,000,000 points during the competition. Their league table ranking would be based on an average of 2,000 points per student. For the Rules and FAQ’s of Math Bowl 2019 or to REGISTER please click here. The competition will run through Mathletics, a service of CTN.
See if your school has already registered here.