The Math Bowl is a friendly Mathletics competition between Brooklyn and Queens schools. It is a fun way to sharpen skills before the NYS exams as well as motivate students in Mathematics through technology. The contest is open to all classes in grades K-8.
*Important MathBowl 2020 Dates:*
- Sunday, March 29 at 2 PM — Competition begins — Sunday, April 5 at 2 PM — Competition ends.
- *SEE Interim Standings for Tuesday, March 31st
- *SEE Interim Standings for Thursday, April 2nd
Do you have photos of “MathBowl 2020” in action?
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org where they will be proudly displayed in our gallery!
The Winners of Math Bowl 2020 will receive:
- A Classroom Plaque and Pizza Party — awarded to the top five classes in the diocese, regardless if they are from Brooklyn or Queens.
- Winning Class Certificates — awarded to the top class in each grade — from Grade K through 8.
- Students who earn over 1000 points during the competition will be awarded a Digital Bronze Certificate (printed by each student through the Mathletics student console).
- The top 5 overall Schools will receive a banner for Math Bowl 2020.
To allow fair competition between schools of different sizes, class points are calculated on an “average points per student” basis. For example, a school of 500 students scores a total of 1,000,000 points during the competition. Their league table ranking would be based on an average of 2,000 points per student. The competition will run through Mathletics, a service of CTN. Read the Rules and FAQ’s of Math Bowl 2020.